Create Your Own CD Cover Using GIMP
Select a CD from any genre of music. Choose one that you are familiar with.
On a separate sheet of paper, sketch a tasteful and creative design for the CD that includes: p((. • The Title
• The Artist
• Meaningful imagery
• Color choices
Create a new Word document and explain the choices you have made for your new design. Write your responses as a narrative (paragraph format). Specifically answer the following:
1. What is the artist’s distinctive style? (ex. Rap, Hip-Hop, Rock, Country, Classical)
2. Describe the content of the CD? Is there an overarching theme or message?
3. Why did you choose the colors?
4. Why did you choose the images?
5. How is your CD cover different from the original?
1. Create a new folder in your Documents folder named “yourname_cd”.
2. Scan the original CD cover at 72 ppi and open in The Gimp.
3. Save the file as “yourname_cd2.xcf”
4. Change the canvas size to include an equal area adjacent to the original on the right.
• (Ex. If the original is 350×350 pixels, add an additional 350 pixels to the right for your new image.)
WASHINGTON - The unemployment rate fell to a two-year low of 8.8 percent in March, capping the strongest two months of hiring since before the recession began. The economy added 216,000 jobs last month, the Labor Department said Friday. Factories, retailers, the education and health care sectors and professional and financial services all expanded payrolls. Those job gains offset layoffs by ...Published about 4 years ago |
LOS ANGELES - For Randall Christensen and his wardrobe team at ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," the next 10 weeks are going to be a crystal-encrusted, chiffon-wrapped blur. "Dancing" is known as much for its dazzling costumes as its disco-ball trophy. Every week, celebrity contestants and their professional partners step out in costumes ranging from glamorous to outrageous; from swingy dresses ...Published about 4 years ago |
El Mac's graffiti art -- spray-painted on walls across the globe -- sometimes stretches multiple stories high and half a city block long. His larger-than-life portraits are inspired by Mexican and Chicano art, religious iconography, local personalities in the neighborhoods where he paints, and the classical artists he has studied since childhood, such as Vermeer and Caravaggio. But on Facebook, his ...Published about 4 years ago |
5. Create your CD cover in the space to the right of the original. Artwork sources may include:
• Original artwork
• Scanned images
• Digital camera images
• The Internet
6. Name all of your layers.
7. Use all of the tools and methods we have learned so far including:
• All the tools
• Painting and Editing
• Blending Methods and Gradients
• The Elements of Art
• The Principles of Design
8. When finished DO NOT FLATTEN THE IMAGE and place a copy in the “hand-in” folder.
9. Print a copy of the Word doc and hand it in along with your original sketch to your instructor.