ArtBistro's Couture Challenge
October 12, 2009
Would you love to see the clothes you designed on the catwalk? Do you long to see a stranger on the street wearing clothing you designed? Are you ready to take the next step towards your dream job? Yes? Then this contest is for you! ArtBistro wants to help you reach your goals. One of the first steps you must take to make it as a fashion designer is to have a killer portfolio.
Make Your Best Portfolio
To make your best portfolio, compile photography of your top design samples or fashion illustrations. Choose no more than 10 images. There are two schools of thought for portfolio presentation. One includes designs that have a common thread (excuse the pun!). The other type of portfolio includes a wide range of styles to show your diversity of skill and thought. Decide which approach is best for your work. Prepare your best portfolio to submit to ArtBistro’s Couture Challenge and you’ll be one step ahead of the game to get your dream job or admission to school.
Submit Your Portfolio to ArtBistro
Submitting your portfolio is easy:
• Step One. Create a new portfolio album to enter into the contest on ArtBistro. Click here for a tutorial.
• Step Two. Load the images of your fashion designs (up to 10).
• Last Step. Submit your portfolio to the contest by pasting the URL to the specific album you are entering from your portfolio page into the ArtBistro’s Couture Challenge discussion thread.
Make sure that only the samples that you want considered are in the portfolio album that you submit. You can submit up to 10 images in your portfolio. Members that submit over 10 images in their portfolio album will be disqualified.
Note: you cannot order the work within the portfolio itself, so if you want the work in a particular order you will need to load or move the images chronologically so that they are ordered how you want them.
Deadline and Judging
Submissions will be accepted until July 24th. 15 finalists will be chosen not only for the quality and creativity of the fashion design samples, but also the cohesiveness of the portfolio itself. Finalists will be announced on July 30th. ArtBistro members will vote for the top three prizewinners. First prize is $300.
Invite Your Friends
Do you know someone who would be a great fit for this contest? You can share this article with them to let them know about it. At the bottom of this page is a button that says “Share”. Click on that and simply type their email address in the “Email” box.
If you are already an ArtBistro member, you may have designs you want to enter that are in different portfolio ablums. Please create a new portfolio album for the contest then move your existing designs into the new album. Follow the instructions below:
• Click “edit photo details” in the album that contains the images you want to move to the new album.
• Select the samples that you would like to move into the new album.
• At the bottom of the page, there is a drop down box. Find the portfolio you want to move the images into. Then press “move selected.”
Thanks for participating in ArtBistro’s Couture Challenge. We look forward to seeing your top portfolio submission. Best of Luck!